Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Tree

Apologies for no recent posts! It has been a busy fall in Foster Care, but I'm eagerly anticipating a time where I can devote more of my time in the profession I love...Photography. Please contact me for pricing on 2008 wedding packages, and your other portrait needs! www.LauraBirkey.com (not the blog) is in the planning stages of being re-vamped to better suit this growing business.

And now on a personal note with holiday cheer...

Every year my husbands family goes to Pinecrest Farms in Michigan to cut down our own fresh smelling Christmas Tree. This year Taylor and I decided to pick the largest, well-shaped tree to compete with the Marshall Field's Walnut Room. Proportionally, I think we've got them beat. ;)
































Two explorers in search of the perfect tree...















That's my Paul Bunyan.















Our tree still, the last time it stood on its own.






















Marshall looks like he's in pain.















Beautiful sister...















Our tree is in the middle :)






















After tree-picking, we go into town to the Drier's Meat Market that has been in business for over 100 years. Their pepper stick and aged cheddar are a real treat!






























It is debatable as to whether we will get another tree this size. After we brought it in, Taylor wished we had only bought a 4 foot tree. (We had to drill into the wall in order to secure the tree properly.)






















I, on the other hand, find it very romantic. Taylor snapped a shot of me enjoying the view from another angle.

No comments: